Sunday, February 14, 2016

Vegetable Tomato Stir fry Recipe!



This is definitely one of my go to meals for lunch! It has whole grains, vegetables, and a lot of protien that will keep you full for a long time and give you a lot of energy. I hope you like recipes because I love sharing healthy desserts and meals that I create in the kitchen! All you need is:

-1/4 cup of brown rice(I just heated up leftover rice that was already made earlier)
-1/4 cup of black beans. You can either cook them yourself by soaking them or just by them in a can. Make sure if you buy canned beans they do not have any preservatives & wash them off. This will prevent digestion issues. (Being gassy haha)
-A mix of your favorite vegetables. I used green beans, peppers, onion & snap peas. You can work with whatever you have and your favorite combination. Or, if you are too lazy you can buy a mix of frozen vegetables and just defrost them (make sure they do not have preservatives though!)
- Next I added a variety of spices. Usually I add them in as I cook if I cook them on a stove. I add a lot of pepper, parsley leaves, basil, and Italian seasoning.
-Next add your tomato pasta sauce. Again, make sure it is pure tomato sauce and there is not sugar and other unnecessary things added.
-If you choose to microwave, mix everything together and cover your plate or bowl with a paper towel so the sauce does not splatter everywhere. If you cook on the stove, you can add the sauce as it is cooking and wait for the vegetables to turn a light brown so they will taste nice and crispy!
This meal is so easy to make,but a lot people think that healthy cooking takes too much work even though it doesn't. Hope you guys make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment